- Class Timetables
- Homework Timetable
- Year 6 Transition to Year 7 - Open Day
- New Parent/Transition Pack
- Kingswood 2019
- Emergency School Closures
- School Uniform
- Parent View
- Family SEAL
- School Nurse
- Latest activities/visits/groups for Parents and Carers
- Parents/Carers Information
- Duke of Edinburgh Expedition
- Coronavirus Advice
Sandra Thompson – Special Needs School Nurse.
Our role at Hednesford Valley High is a partnership between Health and Education so children with Special Needs and complex health needs can access school, and reach their full potential.
Our role is vast but includes the following:-
- Liaising with parents and other professionals regarding health needs.
- Complete, review and update assessments and care plans in partnership with families and the child.
- Provide training to school staff in specific areas such as Epilepsy, Asthma and Allergies for individual student’s needs.
- Provide interventions, enteral feeding, medication, continence assessments.
- Refer to other agencies when needed.
- Attend meetings.
- Work in partnerships regarding Safeguarding.
- Telephone consultations with parents.
- Health promotions with students.
- Organise consultation with Senior Paediatrician at Crown House or at the school.
- Work with individual students or groups on specific aspects of changes throughout puberty.
We are not in school on set days but are usually in 2-3 times a week.
Parents can contact us on the following numbers:
School - 01543 423714
Sandra Thompson - 07540 749003